Thursday 27 June 2013

60's Lowline lounge suite

SOLD: 60's Lowline Lounge Suite




All done and looking fantastic.  Just as I hoped the set came together beautifully in the end.  The two tone helps highlight the design shapes.  I couldn't be happier.

I knew it was going to be a lot of work from the beginning but it's also a great example of why I do what I do.  To find something so disregarded and bring it back to what it was meant to be; a beautiful piece of design & the center of a wonderful space.  Once again if I had the room I would keep it.  I wouldn't even hesitate.






Monday, 24 June 2013

It's taken a while but the lounge suite is really taking shape.  As expected it was a full strip and start again.  All new spring fixings and some new springs were added.  Then the new underlays & spring protectors.  All new webbing was added to the backs along with new foam and tetron.  The solid mahogany arms were given a good sand back and reset.  It has been a great job.

It's just the final touches on the couch and the seat cushion covers to go.  I decided to go with a little bit of two tone action by using a black fabric on the seat cushions and bringing the set together with some fab throw cushions.

Not long now.

Tuesday, 11 June 2013


I picked up this fab low-line lounge suite at the weekend and got them back to the workshop.  I loved the lines and the wood detailing.  It was in worse shape than I hoped but I can't wait to get started today.
I had a quick look over them yesterday and they are going to need a complete rebuild.  Springs need fixing, new foam is needed, frames need resetting the mahogany legs need sanding back and resealing.  They need to be taken back to bare bones and start from there.  I already have a fantastic grey fabric from Textilia picked out and I know they are going to look sleek and sexy by the time I'm done, it's going to take a lot of love.